SoHo Community Association Meeting Schedule
- Monday, June 17, 2019, 7PM-8:30PM, Regular Meeting, Goodwill
- Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 7PM-8:15PM, Regular Meeting, Roundhouse
- Thursday, November 21, 2019, 7PM-8:15PM, Regular Meeting, Childreach
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 7PM-8:30PM, Annual General Meeting, Goodwill
- Thursday, June 18, 2020, 7PM-8:15PM, Regular Meeting, Roundhouse
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 7PM-8:15PM, Regular Meeting, Childreach
- Tuesday November 17, 2020, 7PM-8:30PM, Regular Meeting, Goodwill
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 7PM-8:15PM, Annual General Meeting, Roundhouse
- Thursday, June 17, 2021, 7PM-8:15PM, Regular Meeting, TBD
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 7PM-8:30PM, Regular Meeting, Goodwill
- Monday, November 15, 2021, 7PM-8:15PM, Regular Meeting, Roundhouse
- Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 7PM-8:15PM, Annual General Meeting, TBD
- Goodwill is located at 255 Horton Street West
- Childread is located at 265 Maitland Street
- The Roundhouse is located at 240 Waterloo Street
Some background on the development of this schedule
On March 21, 2019, we asked for your input on optimal times and locations for regular association meetings. What we heard was…
- Have meeting dates posted and confirmed well in advance is important. So we’ve scheduled dates to 2022. (This also helps us coordinate agenda items with other key partners, such as the City.)
- Location is a key factor for many individuals. So we’ve scheduled meetings to rotate across the West, Centre, and East side of the neighbourhood. (Thanks to Goodwill, the Roundhouse, and Childreach!)
- There is, of course, no good day of the week that works for everyone. So we’ve scheduled meetings to rotate between Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, in the hopes that this cycle gives everyone an opportunity to participate over the course of each year.
- Meetings need to have consistent value and purpose. So we’ve trimmed the schedule down to four quarterly meetings so we can organize adequately to make each meeting as worthwhile as possible.
We’ve done our best to make our association’s meeting schedule over the next few years as accessible as possible for as many people in our neighbourhood as we can. Thanks for your patience as we work towards this goal — and keep learning along the way. And, finally, thanks for your input, help, and ideas!