The SoHo Community Association will be meeting on January 20th, 2016 at the London Roundhouse.
- Election for the Position of President – As Cheri McLeod has resigned, we will be electing a new president. We currently have one nominee:
“Angela Lukach has been a resident of Soho for a little more than 7 years. She moved to London in 2006 after living in Ottawa, Toronto and her hometown of Kapuskasing. Currently the assistant to the director of court services for southwestern Ontario, Angela has worked for the provincial government for 17 years and has also worked for the RCMP, the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute and the University of Toronto, where she graduated with a degree in political science.If selected as president of the Soho Community Association, Angela plans to work to maintain the character of our neighbourhood and will fight any proposed monster buildings tooth and nail. She plans to carry on the great work of our previous presidents and hopes to contribute to making Soho the vibrant heart of London.”
- SoHo Active & Green – Pat Donnelly from Environmental Programs at the City will be joining us again to give us an update on the Active & Green program
- Urban League Membership Renewal – Our yearly membership fees are due. This time, the league has requested to know about any events which require insurance in advance so that they can plan for it.
- City/Urban League Facebook Group – The City and the Urban League have created a Facebook group to facilitate communication and collaboration between community associations – two volunteers are needed to join the group.
- Great Lakes Blues Society has been busy planning for this year’s proposed blues festival at Richard B. Harrison park. A group from the society will be joining us to give us an update.
- Ward 13 “Ward Table” – Councillor Park is arranging a regular meeting of community associations and other stakeholders in the ward. We need one volunteer to attend the meetings.
- SoHo Street Market – We need to get an early start on planning this year, seeking volunteers to assist with planning or operation of the market this year.
- SPARKS! Grant – The deadline is fast approaching, if anyone wants to take on a SPARKS! project this year we need to decide during this meeting.