Our Wednesday, January 21st meeting will be held at Maple View Terrace, in the basement as usual. On the agenda for this week’s meeting:
- Our incoming president Cheri McLeod will lead a discussion on growing our executive to include committees, formation of a community centre working group.
- A motion to thank Maple View Terrace for allowing us to use their space, and desire to continue this relationship.
- Cheri would like to plan a monthly free/pay what you can community meal as a chance for neighbours to connect and help drive membership.
- Nancy McSloy (of the Argyle Community Association) will do a presentation on starting a BIA (Business Improvement Area) and also discuss the advantages of incorporating as a non-profit for a community association.
- Delta McNeish of Beth Emanuel Church will give us an update on the progress of the Fugitive Slave Chapel Preservation Project.
- We will discuss the results of the SPARKS grant survey and decide which of the great ideas that were sent in will be submitted to SPARKS.
- Cheri will tell us about the TreeMe tree matching fund (whose deadline is February 27th) in hopes that we can brainstorm ways we can take advantage of this, to be voted on the next meeting.
- Lastly, depending on availability, Patrick Ambrogio from Creative Properties may also join us to tell us about exciting new developments with the Roundhouse project.
We hope you can all join us!